Who Are We?
The federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 provides the framework for JOBsolutions employment resources. JOBsolutions works with its partner agencies to enhance workforce preparation and grow area employment levels.
This free service system is designed to be customer-focused, and to supply the region’s residents the tools they need to manage their careers. In addition, the system helps area employers locate employment, training, and information services necessary to remain competitive in today's labor market.
Each county’s Workforce Policy Board was established to advise and assist in planning, coordination, and monitoring of the Workforce Investment Act programs and services. The board’s focus is meeting the needs of the business community. Board Members are appointed by each county’s Board of Commissioners and represent all facets of workforce development in the region including business, labor, education, government, youth activities and consumers.
Working in partnership with the County Commissioners of the counties we serve, the Workforce Policy Board's primary focus is to:
- Assess the workforce needs of area employers
- Assess the employment and training needs of job seekers
- Identify fiscal and other resources in the community
- Develop priorities that include needs of local businesses, determining which populations to serve, and how to best facilitate training needs in the region
- Ensure that individuals have access to core services including vocational assessments, job matching, and referrals for services
- Ensure that parameters are established for funding of training programs
- Locate and target resources necessary to meet the priorities
The Workforce Policy Board also provides oversight for JOBsolutions, which provides a central point of access for employment, training, and related services provided by many area agencies and service providers. These agencies and service providers formed a collaborative partnership that allows job seekers and employers to access many services at one central location. As a result, this One-Stop service delivery system not only saves time and effort for area consumers, but also provides them with additional resources that may not otherwise be available.